Monday 9 June 2014

Being a retailer in Sierra Leone

"I have been a retailer for about eight years. I thank God for this business for it has been able to upkeep me and my children since I lost my husband. 

A Sierra Leonean retailer busy in her home stall

I have only been able to pay their school fees and take care of other expenses, I am also taking care of my aged Mom from this business. I have also been able to buy a one town lot which I intend to develop in the future.

She packs the commodies as she prepares for the day activities

However, it is difficult to grow for petty traders like me because of the huge family burden hanging over most of us. Besides that the lack of price control and inflation severely affect our chances to grow as a business.

A packed full home stall, common in Sierra Leone

I intend to grow and one day become a wholesaler."





No comments:

Post a Comment